Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Chapter 2: Love is in the Air



The show was almost over when another commercial break interrupted the show. Nicki had been siting between Drake and Wayne all night and had been having a great time. Seeing Drake again brought back the memories that she loved. Earlier in the show both Drake and Nicki won an award. As promised, Nicki went onstage with Drake and congratulated him. Safaree had been watching them all night. As they started up another conversation Safaree could feel his anger bulling inside him. He was jealous that Nicki hadn't even bothered to sit next to him. He looked over at Nicki who was giggling at whatever Drake was whispering in her ear. He was about to get up and say something ignorant when the announcer said they would be back on air in 30 seconds. He thought carefully and decided to use that time to calm himself down.

After Taylor Swift closed the show with her performance Drake and Nicki made it back stage to her dressing room. This had to be the best night she'd had in a long time. Nicki locked the door behind her and sat down on the couch with Drake. He was daydreaming and admiring her face with her striking features. All he could think about was being able to wake up to that beautiful face every morning. Especially with no make up because that’s when he thought she was most beautiful.

“Whacha thinkin about?” Nicki asked as she snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Oh umm… so I was wondering if we could maybe... catch up sometime.” Drake said while rubbing the back of his head.

“Well I go back on tour in a week.”

“Soon maybe?”

“Of course. I’m always open to spending time with my husband.”

Drake grinned at her response. Cool, is tomorrow night okay?”

“Perfect. So, where are you taking me sir?” Nicki asked in her British accent.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out.”

Oh, look who’s trying to be a bad boy.” Nicki cooed while gently pinching his cheeks. Drake put his hand over hers and they gazed into each other’s eyes. It was almost as if they were connected. Nicki felt butterflies in her stomach and turned away blushing. Just then a yawn took over her body.

“Tired?” Drake asked.

“Yea, I don’t even know how I’m gonna make it to my limo.” She said, stretching her arms. Nicki looked over at Drake and batted her eyelashes while poking out her bottom lip.

“Is that so?” Drake asked, knowing exactly what she wanted.

“Yep… well?”

“Well what?”

“Weeell?

“I don’t read minds Nicki.” She held out her arms and he figured he’d let her slide this time. He picked her up bridal style and spun her around. “Where to?”

“My limo.”

“Nic, peope will see us.”

“No, everyone’s gone to the after party by now.”

“You don’t wanna go?”

“No, I’m too tired.” She said resting her little head on his muscular chest. “Get to steppin Mr. Graham.”

Nicki was right. There was hardly anyone outside when they got there. It was almost deserted. It might have been quiet if it weren’t for the constant booming coming from what Nicki guessed was her limo. Drake put her down as they neared the noisy limo. The chauffer opened the door for Nicki to reveal six slutty looking girls with Safaree inside. Nicki was furious.

Safaree looked up when he finally noticed her. “Oh, what up Nic. I didn’t see you there.”

“Safaree. Get these thirsty lookin hoes outta my limo so I can go home.” Nicki was holding back the anger but it was clear in her voice. That and annoyance.

“No can do Nic. See, were going to the after party. Me and all my girls.” He said stretching his arms around two of them.

Nicki was so angry she couldn’t stand it. He couldn’t be serious. She was on the verge of exploding. Drake noticed her body language and bent down to whisper in her ear. “I can take you home you want.”

Nicki turned to him and hugged him. He walked her over to his car and told the driver the location.

“WELL GOODBYE TO YOU TOO!” Safaree yelled from across the lot.

“Freaking asshole.” Nicki muttered under her breath.

As the duo slid into the car, she felt the tears coming. How could Safaree play her like that? First he’s dead serious about wanting to get back together then he invited a group of hoes to party in the limo that she paid for. What did he have to offer her anymore? Safaree seemed to be getting more useless everyday. Then there was Drake. The sweet hearted guy that had always been there for her no matter what.

“Hey Nika don’t cry.” Drake said as a stray tear slid down her face. He brushed it away with his thumb and brought her close to his chest. He couldn’t stand seeing her cry, especially over someone as stupid as he thought Safaree was. He rubbed her back and tried to clam her down.

“Thank you Aubrey.”

“For what.”

“For always being there for me… and never hurting me.”

“I would never hurt you Nicki. I love you too much to do that to you.”

“But you don’t mean that.” Nicki stated sadly.

“What are you talking about? I mean everything I say to you.”

“You say you love me but you don’t love me the way I think I love you.”

“I think I do.”

Nicki lifted her head to look at him. “Really?”

“Really.” He assured her.

“Are we talking about he same thing?” Nicki questioned.

“We’re definitely talking about the same thing.”

“So you love me.” Nicki asked grinning.”

“More than that. I’m in love with you.”

“I think I am too.”

“Think?”

“I don’t know what I’m feeling right now.” Nicki said, looking down again.

“That’s okay for now. As long as your mine and I’m yours.” Drake said lifting her chin to look at him.

“Is it really that simple?” In that instant Drake leaned down to place a soft kiss on her lips. Nicki deepened the kiss when she snaked her tongue into his mouth. As they pulled apart Drake looked deep into Nicki’s Eyes.

“It really is.”

Pic



3 comments:

  1. I LOVE IT!!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwww, they are cute! Not here for Safaree making her cry. Ur an amazing writer.. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwwww! I can soo see this happenin after the VMAs. Ugh the perfection of those 2 & eeek they kissed! :')

    ReplyDelete