Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Interlude: Mother-in-Laws

Thanks for the comments! I really do appreciate them... Enjoy!


“Oh Aubrey. It’ll be great having you home again.” Sandi said on the other end of the call. It had been almost eight months since Drake had been up to Toronto because of his schedule being so hectic, but he had planed on visiting tomorrow with Nicki. They’d be arriving in Toronto the night before Christmas Eve and leaving on Christmas day to spend time with Nicki’s family in New York. “Oh and your father is just so excited to see you.”

“Dad? Excited? Yeah, I bet he’s just jumping off the wall.” The sarcasm couldn’t be more obvious in his voice.

“Oh Aubrey, your father loves you more than you know. Even though he may not always show it, he’s always very excited to see you.”

“Okay ma.” Drake took a deep breath to prepare brining up the next subject. “So… do mind if I bring someone along? There’s someone I really want you and dad to meet.”

“One of your little rapper friends?” Drake could hear the smile in her voice. His mother had always been supportive of his career. She defiantly appreciated it more than his father did.

“Kind of… she’s-”

“She? Oh Aubrey you’ve got a girlfriend!”

“Yeah ma, that’s kind of what I wanted to-”

“Oh, I bet she’s beautiful! You always had great taste in that department. And she must-”

“Ma!” Drake couldn’t help but laugh at his mothers antics. All she had ever wanted was for her son to find a woman that would treat him right and make him happy.

“I’m sorry baby, I’m just so happy for you. I mean you haven’t dated anyone since you got back together with that Nebby girl.”

“Yeah, can we not talk about her please?”

“Of course darling. I didn’t mean to bring it up.” Sandi quickly changed the subject. “So tell me. What’s she like?”

“Well she’s… Nicki Minaj ma.”

“Nicki Minaj? You mean the Nicki Minaj?” Drake laughed again.

“Yeah ma. The Nicki Minaj.” He mocked.

“Oh don’t make fun.” Sandi waved him off even though he couldn’t see her. “She’s the one you decided to prank the world with and tell everybody you were married right?”

“Yeah mom. She’s the one.” Drake smiled at the old memory. “So can she come?”

“Well of course! You claim to be famous yet you’ve never brought any celebrities back home before.”

“Well she’s special ma.” Sandi smiled at the way he said that.

“Oh, sweetheart. You think she might be the one?”

“I know she is. I’ve been chasin after her for five years and I’ve finally got her. I’m not gonna let her go.”

“That’s great baby.” Her heart was warmed by how much her son could love. “Just make sure you treat her right Aubrey.”

“Trust me I will.”

“Okay baby. Well your father just came downstairs so I’m gonna start on lunch.”

“Alright ma. I love you.”

“I love you too sweetheart. Call me soon.” Sandi urged.

Drake chuckled. “I will ma. Bye.” After Drake ended the call he turned his attention back to the paper in front of him and finished up the verse he had been writing.

*****

“Yes mommy.” Nicki replied, bored of the conversation.

“Alright Onika. What’s on your mind?”

“Nothing. I’m fine.” Nicki tried to play it off but her mother wasn’t buying it.

“Onika.” Her mother said sternly. Nicki sighed.

“I don’t wanna talk about it.”

“Talk about what?” Carol said curious as to why her daughter would be hesitant to talk to her about anything.

“I’m gonna have to tell everybody when I come visit anyways so I might as well only have to tell you once.”

“Onika are you pregnant?” Carol asked with a disappointed tone.

“What! Why do you always have to think the worse?”

“Well are you?”

“No.” Nicki said, slightly insulted.

“Well then what could be so bad that you can’t talk to me about it over the phone?”

“That’s the point. It’s not bad. I just know you wont approve.”

“Onika you’re a grown woman. You know you’re free to make your own decisions.”

“Okay then, let’s see if you remember that.”

“Don’t go getting smart with me young lady.” Her mother warned.

“I have to go.”

“Wait, Onika-”

“I love you.” Nicki ended the call then laid back against her headboard.” She stared at her phone for a while before deciding to call Safaree again. She still hadn’t heard from him but she hoped he was in New York with his mother. That way she could try and hash things out with him when she went to visit her family.

“Yo, dis is SB. Scaff Beezy to you niggas. I’m out makin that money, shittin on ya life, all that shit. Stay icy niggas. Yeah.” Nicki sighed upon hearing Safaree’s voicemail for the fourth time that day. Even though she didn’t want to show it around Drake, deep down she was torn up inside at the fact that he would disappear without a word. The saddest part was that she didn’t even know why.

“Safaree… please call me. We really need to talk.” And with that, Nicki hung up and continued to pack her bags for her visit to Toronto.

4 comments:

  1. Aww the little conversation between Drake and Sandi was cute! What can't Nicki say over the phone? *raises one eyebrow* and LOL at SB's voicemail message!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was so cute! I loved the conversation Drake and his mom had, she's so cute lol. I wonder if she said her miter wouldn't approve because she's dating someone in the music business? *shrugs* idk. But I loved this as always. Post soon!!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awee! I can already tell nicki and Mama graham are gonna get along. And what nic not tellin her madre? Is it about her and Drake Dating? And Poor nic. Missed her bestfriend. I hope he decides to get it touch with her soon. Loved it chickah!(:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate Dricki, but this story is amazing!! I love this Dricki story (never thought I'd say that cause I'm team OF and I like WayneNika too, but I'm not into Dricki)!!! Keep posting cause this is great!!

    ReplyDelete