Pages

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Chapter 11: The Grahams

Shout Out to LiyahBarbie and Jay Zolanski for commenting on every chapter! Shout out to all my other commenters as well... Enjoy!


“You ready Nic?” Drake called up to her from downstairs.

“Almost ready!” Nicki yelled from her bathroom. Drake knew it would still take her a while so he started up the stairs and headed to Nicki’s room. He found her in front of the mirror fixing her jacket. He had no idea why it was taking so long because she only had on a pair of cream sweats.

“Do I look okay?” Nicki asked, looking at Drake through the mirror.

“You look perfect.” Drake walked up behind Nicki and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her into him. “You are perfect.”

“You think your parents will like me?” Nicki asked looking at the ground.”

“I know they’ll love you.” He rested his head on hers. “Just like I do.” Nicki lifter her head and smiled.

“I love you.”

“I love you more.” Drake smiled back.

*****

“Nicki?... Nicki?... Nicki?” Nicki was drifting away from the white light that surrounded her. “Nicki?” She faintly heard a voice calling her name. She was light headed and shielded her face from the light as she finally woke from her deep sleep. She looked over to see Safaree in a chair next to her hospital bed. Her hand in his as he gripped it tightly. “Nic.” Safaree was relieved that she was awake. The memories quickly drifted back to her and the fear took over her once again. She snatched her hand from his and tried to move away but the piercing pain in her back let her know it wasn’t a good idea. “Nic-” Nicki groaned fiercely at Safaree letting him know not to come near her. She tried to speak but no words would leave her mouth. She reached up to touch her throat and was met by the thick bandages wrapped around it. “Nicki look.” Safaree stretched his hand out to touch her and that’s when the tears fell. Nicki cried feeling helpless. She couldn’t speak, she was in enormous pain, and she was 2 inches away from the person that had thrown her around like a rag doll. Safaree stood up to lean over her and that’s when she screamed.

Nicki quickly sat up in a cold sweat out of breath. She felt around in the darkness and identified with the sheets she had fallen asleep in the night before. “Aubrey?” She whispered but received no answer. She crawled over to the edge of the bed and turned on the light.

She sighed in relief, feeling safe once the lights were on. She looked around Drake’s old room in the basement. She smiled thinking about how far they had both come in their lives. She figured he’d gone upstairs so she headed to his bathroom to get herself ready for the day.

“She’s a beautiful girl Aubrey.” Dennis said, as Sandi placed his coffee and the newspaper in front of him on the dining room table. After he thanked her she headed back to the kitchen to finish making breakfast.

“Yeah dad she is.” Drake knew exactly where his father was going with this, he was just waiting for him to say it. “Did you think she wouldn’t be?” Dennis opened the newspaper before answering.

“No, not necessarily. I’m just pleasantly surprised by your choice in women.” Drake smiled sourly, shaking his head.

“And what’s that suppose to mean?”

“Well with your “profession” and all I was worried that the first girl you’d bring home would be one of those sleezy women you so call rap about.” Drake just stared at his father who hadn’t looked up from the newspaper.

“Well there it is.” Dennis finally looked up and put the paper down.

“There what is son?” Dennis challenged.

“That’s how you really feel about my career. You’ve just never been man enough to say it.”

“You watch your mouth in my house Aubrey Graham.” Drake let out a dry chuckle.

“You know the funny thing is, without the money from my “profession” you and mom would’ve lost this house a long time ago.” Without a word Dennis got up and headed to his room. Sandi called after him but he was long gone.

“Aubrey why do you always have to bicker with your father?” She asked as she took a seat.

“I don’t bicker with him, he bickers with me but there’s not point in explainin that to you because you always take his side anyways.” Just then Nicki entered the kitchen in an all white outfit.

“Good morning dear.” Sandi got up to hug her. “Oh, you smell so nice!”

“Thank you.” Nicki beamed. “It’s my own fragrance.”

“Oh well I’ll just have to go buy some.”

“Oh I have an extra bottle in my bag. I’ll give it to you later.”

“Well aren’t you just the sweetest thing." Sandi patted Nicki’s cheek. “Please, have a seat breakfast is almost ready.” Nicki sat down in the seat next to Drake.

“Morning my beauty.” Drake said then sweetly kissed her lips.

“Good morning my prince.” Nicki kissed him again.

“Prince?” Drake questioned. “Don’t you mean king?”

“Nope. I’m the king.”

“O yeah?”

“Yeah.” Nicki giggled.

“Why is that?”

“Because I run this show.” Drake playfully rolled his eyes as he watched his mom struggle to approach the table with more plates than she could carry.

“That looks good ma.” Drake eyed the food as he licked his lips.

“Thanks baby.” She said as she continued to balance the plates.

“Go help your mom.” Nicki said as she hit him in the arm.

“Ouch babe.” Nicki eyed him until he got up to help is mother bring the food to the table.

“Oh thank you sweetheart.” Sandi took a deep breath as she sat down. “Can you get the juice from the counter?”

“Yeah.” Drake retrieved the orange juice and sat it down in the middle of the table. He took his seat and started to fix his plate grabbing two pieces of toast, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage and two pancakes.

“Geez babe you gon eat the whole country?” Nicki asked while looking down at her plate that only had some bacon and a pancake.

“Oh well my baby always could eat.” Sandi smiled. “I never understood how he managed to stay so skinny.” Drake said nothing as he was so focused on his food. “So Nicki I can’t say how grateful I am for you to be staying in our home. I know you’d rather be staying in one of those fancy hotels you’re used to.”

“No not at all. I’m in love with this house. Makes me remember what it’s like being a normal person.”

“Oh well I’m glad dear. So why cut the visit so short then? I mean you only got here last night and your already leaving tomorrow?”

“We gotta go see Nicki’s family too ma.” Drake said with a mouth full of food.

“Aubrey where are your manners?” Sandi laughed eyeing the jelly on Drake’s face.

“I got it.” Nicki used her napkin to wipe his mouth then kissed his cheek.

“Look at you. Twenty six years old and still spoiled as ever.” Sandi shook her head laughing. The three talked more about their lives and future plans as they continued to enjoy their food. “But you two really should come visit again… and soon.” Sandi said finishing her food.

“You sure you had enough to eat ma?”

“Oh I’m fine baby.” Sandi walked over to the kitchen and fixed Dennis a plate before turning to Drake and Nicki. “Well I’ll leave you to it and Nicki dear you really should see the town.” And with that she was off to her bedroom to bring Dennis his breakfast.

“So you gon show me around?” Nicki asked, then bit off another piece of bacon.

“Mhm I can think of a lot of things I could show you in my bedroom.” Drake buried his face into her neck.

“Get off me.” Nicki giggled. “We are not getting busy in your parents house, especially with your parents in the house.” Drake slid her into his lap and carried her back to his room.

“I wasn’t finished.” Nicki said as he retreated downstairs.

“Whatever. It takes you forever to eat.” He said nonchalantly as he dropped her on the bed.

“That is not the way to get into my pants.” Nicki laughed.

“Whachu sayin?” Drake grinned as he crawled on top of her.

“I’m sayin if you want this anytime soon you gon have to do much better then that.” She stared into his eyes and leaned up and kissed him. The two kissed passionately as they began to get more and more into the moment. Drake snaked his hand down and unbuttoned Nicki’s jeans then began to slowly slip his hand into her thong but Nicki quickly grabbed his wrist. “I said no.” Drake looked her in the eyes then kissed her nose.

“My bad, I’m sorry.” Drake rolled over on his back disappointed once again. Why is she doing this to me?

I think I'm going to start posting short chapters like this one because then you guys will get updates faster instead of me taking so long to write longer chapters. But idk what do you think?

3 comments:

  1. nooooo!!!!!!!! i rather you take long and make a long chapter then you do it quick and make a short chapter. then you'll start making cliffs on every chapter which is going to kill us!!!!! anyway love the post. post soon!!! and please don't cut all of them short

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aweeee! This chapter sooo Adorable amd Cutsie! Drake is Such a little kid. Always bein taken care of and spoiled. Whether it be by Mama Graham or Nicki. Im not Likin dennis tho. He shud just be happy his son is making Money and supporting them. Who cares what his profession is. Hes doin what he loves and also met a beautiful and Intelligent woman while doin it. But Seriously Looovee this Post. It was just soo Danng Adorable!
    Its Hard to Decide. But i think id Rather have longer Posts. But it honestly doesnt matter to me! As long as i get to read yur writing im good!! Whatevers easier for you!
    Wonderful wonderful job thoo!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry for responding so late. A lot has been happening lately, but I LOVED it as usual! Sandi is so cute and I knew she was gonna love Nic..everyone does lol Drake and his dads relationship seems very rocky. Hope whatever it is they work it out soon. Drake is so spoiled lol and he's so nasty, who tries to get busy in their parents house..with their parents in it?! Lmaoo. I personally love the longer posts, but whatever you want to do is perfectly fine. Every chapter is perfect regardless lol. Can't wait for the next post ^___^ Xoxo

    ReplyDelete